Members and staff of the Scottish Building Society have helped raise almost £1,000 for local charity the Rowan Boland Memorial Trust. SBS’ Borders members chose to support the Rowan Boland Memorial Trust as part of its Community Charity of the Year scheme, with over £250 being handed over at the start of the year. And the Galashiels branch have now provided another £609 after a year of fundraising through cake and book sales, recipe books and donations. Alex Moffat, Business Development Manager at SBS said: “It has been fantastic to support the Rowan Boland Memorial Trust through our Community Charity of the Year programme. “Every year our members vote for the charities they would like to support in their local communities with the Trust receiving the largest share of the vote last year. “Thank you to our members and staff for their raising this amount which will help young sportspeople in the Scottish Borders.” Trust Chairman David Boland added: “We support young talent across a variety of sports and this money raised by the Scottish Building Society will be used to assist them make the next step in their sporting careers.” Photo – Kenny Paterson from the Rowan Boland Memorial Trust receives a cheque for £609 from Claire Swanson of the Scottish Building Society’s Galashiels branch.
- Members and staff of the Scottish Building Society
- Beth Johnston has revealed the secret of her para-swimming success which is sending her to the Commonwealth Games
- The Rowan Boland Memorial Trust returns to its roots for this year’s annual ball
- It started off in a garden with 20 people to raise money for a local charity
- A Galashiels tyre firm has rubber-stamped its support for the Rowan Boland Memorial Trust.